Monday, October 27, 2008

A Season of Giving!

I love the fall season for many reason, first for the beautiful color and second it is a season that so many people in my family celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and most importantly the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

During my visit home this past weekend I had the joy of giving two birthday gifts early, which you will see below. I decided this fall/holiday season will be a handmade season, why not it's what I do best and there is nothing better than watching someones face when they open a gift you made just for them...it's priceless!

I hope you enjoy these framed arts, I just love them!!

FOR My Mom's 59th BirthdayMy Mom and 8 girlfriends from high school get together every year and have an "Old Hefer" Party (it would take to long to explain)...I must say they are such a hoot! So, I made this frame picture ready to remember this year's event. The picture is of my little man Drew this years model. It was the invitation for this year. I'll have to post all the invites I've done over the years, you will get a good chuckle! The base colors of this frame are Basic Black and Certainly Celery. It also uses Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Styled Silver Hardware, Scallop Circle Punch, 5-Petal Punch, and Boho Blossom Punch..

FOR Little Sis Betsy- 21st Birthday

I just love the elegance of this frame. Betsy is getting close to graduating college and has been in a relationship with a great guy for awhile, so I thought this was appropriate for this time in her life. The main colors on this are Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, and Basic Black. It also uses our pretties kit, Rub-Ons from Seasonal Sayings (hostess) & A Perfect Day, and 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon.

These 12x12 frames are from Michaels and have been on sale quite a bit over the last several weeks. I am working scrapbooking my pictures around the house because you can create them to match your decor and when it comes time to update the pics, I can take these pages out and slip them right into my scrapbook! Who said your pages have to start in a book?!

No comments: