Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Convention Meeting Demonstration!!

When my upline Mimi Henwood asked if I would demonstrate at our group meeting during this past convention, I was really tentative about doing it. After thinking about it and with a little encouragement from Mimi I thought it was time to step outside my box and go for it. At first I had a card I thought I would demonstrate, but then I had wild hair idea at 10pm the night before I left for convention to do something different...yes you're reading that time frame right. So, after trying to explain it to my husband who thought I was a little nuts, I went to town. I had it created in about 30 minutes! Have you ever had those moments when your vision becomes reality, exactly as you pictured it?! This would be one of those moments!!

This would be such a great gift for someone with pictures or pictures ready.. See my supply list, pictures, and some measurements/directions below:

Supply List:
Stamp Set: Defining Alphabet; Paper: Riding Hood Red (New In Color), Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP; Ink: Whisper White Craft; Extras: 1/4" Always Artichoke Grosrgrain Ribbon, Rich Regal Brads, 1/16" Handheld Circle Punch, Translucent Envelops, Basic black Stampin Write Journaler, Snail Adhesive, Sticky Strip, 1/2 sheet of cardboard backing from a 12x12 DSP paper pack. Sorry cute kid not included!!


Measurements/Directions:

*Outside (Base) 2 sheets Always Artichoke each measuring 6x10. Score them both at 6".

*Take the 1/2 sheet of card board (5 3/4" x 9 3/4") and place stick strip on the front and back around the outside of the piece. Adhere this to a side of one piece of the Artichoke, then place 1 side of the other piece of artichoke over it creating a sandwich with the cardboard in between creating a tri-fold..

*Inside the tri-fold cut and adhere your 2 pieces of designer series paper (DSP), both measure 5" x 9 1/2", so there will be a little overlap. Note: It is easiest to adhere to the outside edge first the fold the flap in to adhere the rest, otherwise you might get wrinkles.

*The Mid-section piece measures 1 3/4" x 9 1/2", cut and adhere

*Now for the base the pictures sit on, each solid card stock size is 5" x 9 1/2", and the whisper white title piece measures 5" x 1/2".

*For the fun part...it is time to adhere your translucent envelops.. I used 5 envelops per section, but you can squeeze in more. If you want even more you can always use the full size of the 12x12 paper. I have found that you will get a more balanced look if you first place the top envelop on then the bottom and build the middle. If you are not as particular do it anyway you would like. These adhere by pulling off the piece just as if you were going to seal it. So, peal that off and place the envelop adhesive side down, you will put the picture in from the back. Note: Make sure all your envelops are down before putting your header pieces on!!

*Now, onto the front. This is really easy, I will just give you the quick measurements: Title Pieces: Riding Hood Red (1"x5") & Whisper White (1 1/4"x5 1/2"); Picture Matte: Picture 4"x6", Riding Hood Red 4 1/4"x 6 1/4", Whisper White 4 1/2"x6 1/2", Bella Rose DSP 8"x5", and Whisper White 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". To top it off tie on a piece of Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon.

I hope this is clearer than mud for you. If you have any questions just let me know and I will help you through!! I hope you LOVE this as much as I do... Every once and awhile I come up with something that I am just in love with and this would definitely fall in that category. This project was also entered into the WOW category for Stampin Up!'s September contest.

No comments: