Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Flooring" Technique Card

This is the last project I made for convention. I could not pass up sharing this card with you because I absolutely love this technique. I have to be honest I don't know what the actual name is, so I just call it flooring, don't you think that's what it looks like.

When I told you in a previous post that every project I did for convention used envelops, I wasn't kidding. The belly band on this card uses the 3/4" piece of the vanilla envelops I trimmed off of the my envelop card. I thought to myself, there has to be a way I can use that piece because I just couldn't bring myself to throw it away.

Anyhow, supplies and directions are below:

SUPPLIES
Stamp Sets: Seasonal Icons (hostess lv 3 bundle), Many Merry Messages;
Paper: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze (new in-color), Holiday Happenings (DSP-Hostess lv 3 bundle);
Ink: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Versa Mark;
Misc: Scallop Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Snow Blossoms Punch, 1/16" Handheld Circle Punch, Soft Subtle Brads, Very Vanilla Medium Envelops, Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Clear Embossing Powder, Stampin Dimensionals, Heat Tool, Paper Trimmer (scoring blade), Snail Adhesive

DIRECTIONS:
*Take Very Vanilla Card Stock and stamp all the images you want.
*Then use your trimmer & scoring blade. Decide how far apart you would like your lines. I choose to go 1" side to side, then again top to bottom.
*Once all your lines are scored, take your VersaMark pad and ink the whole piece. I find it easiest to take the ink pad and apply it directly to the paper.
*Cover your inked paper with clear embossing powder (I mixed a little dazzling diamonds with the powder to give it a little sparkle).
*Use heat tool to melt the powder until it is clear

This is as simple as it gets! One reminder: Make sure you stamp everything before starting the process. Have fun with this technique!!

No comments: