Thursday, September 4, 2008

$DOLLAR$ Inspiration!

For those of you who know me, know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a good Dollar store. I try to take a monthly trip to Dollar Tree/Deals, stop by the Target $1 bins whenever possible, and there is this wonderful little hole in the wall store in Davenport, IA called Super $1 Store that rocks. It looks like a junk store, but oh it has so many treasures. Over time you will see the benefits of my Dollar store obsession!! We all get inspired somewhere, this just happens to be where I do! Enjoy the first few items:


I got this cute bags from the Deals (Like Dollar Tree) for my Convention Roommates & stamp friends. It came in several colors and I filled them with snacks.

The below picture shows an up close shot of the chipboard letters I inked with Craft ink, then used Heat & Stick Powder and Dazzling Diamonds on. Each bag used the first letter of the persons name and they were inked to coordinate with each bag of course. Behind the letter is a little key chain mint container, which I also got from Deals (3 to a pack). All I did with this is print the Convention Theme on a 2x4 label, stamped, and used our Coluzzle to cut it out. Simple, HUH?!



Cheese Board (Target $1 bins)

Journal (Dollar Tree)

Piggy Bank (Deals)-decorated with Rub-Ons

Like I said earlier there is so many more projects where these came from, I am Queen of the Dollar Stores/Bins. So, watch out and start saving those $1 bills because I know you'll want to check out your local stores!!

Note: Projects will be posted slowly but surely over time as I need to work on updating them with our current products! These are just to give you a sample of what is to come!!

1 comment:

michele said...

VERY CUTE! If you get time check out my blog: moseslakejansen4.blogspot.com -- I saw your link on Aubrey White's blog. We go to the same church and I hear great things about her but have not officially met her!